At online casinos, slots games are by far one of the most popular ways to bet. They are super easy to understand, they come in all shapes and sizes, and there are always new ones hitting the market on a monthly basis. As such, they are a great option to play if you aren’t used to playing at online casinos and are looking to enjoy some laidback casino kicks that don’t take too much learning to enjoy. However, there is still some prevalent slot dos and don’ts that you need to consider before playing them as you could spend over the odds unnecessarily if you don’t adhere to them. Let’s take a look at our top dos and don’ts for playing slots
- Shop Around – the world of online slots is one of the most diverse there is with thousands of different slots games out there. As such, make sure you shop around first, read some slot reviews and find the best one for you.
- Play Demo Mode First – once you have found a slot game that you think you will like, don’t feel pressured to put money in immediately as nearly all slot games have demo modes. This allows you to test the game and understand the gameplay and features before spending any money.
- Pay Attention to Wager Amount – On most slot games, there will be the option to play with different amounts of money. Depending on this, each spin could be worth below 20p or over £200. As such, you need to be cautious before you spin as otherwise, you could blow your whole bankroll in one spin.
- Work Your Way Up – Relating to the above is that you should always start low on a slot game, and then work your way up as you get to grips with the game. Increasing your wager is helpful as, on most slot games, the more you bet the bigger the payouts. However, always take this slowly.
- Look Out for Bonus Features – The best slot games will have all have bonus features and some will have a larger number or more beneficial features than others. Understanding this is crucial to getting the most out of a slot game.
- Pay Attention to RTP and Volatility– The return to player (RTP) and volatility numbers specified on a slot will determine how much and how often you will win on a slot game and you should pay attention to it so you don’t waste time on a stingy slot.
- Mix It Up – The world of slots is hugely diverse so there is no need to just play one. Enjoy one for a while little then move on to another as you could uncover one with even more features and beneficial gameplay.
- Set a Budget or Time Limit – It is easy to get immersed in your slot playing so you need to ensure you set a budget or time limit for playing games. Once you reach that then just walk away from the slot and return the next day.
- Play a Game-Based on Theme or Design – Just because you recognise a slot’s theme or like the game’s design, this shouldn’t be enough to convince you to play. Unless the game has good gameplay features alongside the design then it won’t be lucrative for you.
- Focus on Jackpots & Max Wins– While there is always a jackpot or max-win on a slot game, this shouldn’t be your sole focus. Instead, you should focus on making gradual wins and winning more then you lose. Aiming for the big money is nice but it will only happen once in a while and it shouldn’t be your priority.
- Chase Losses – Casino games are all about winning but if you do lose then you shouldn’t chase those losses as that will usually mean you make the situation worse.
- Try and to Work Out the Slots Trends or Patterns – Slot games function on an RNG (random number generator) and this means that try as you might, you will not be able to work out trends or patterns and any you do see will be purely coincidental and so will usually steer you wrong.
- Stick Only to Well-Known Game Providers – While many well-known game providers are notorious for providing good games consistently, this should not be you should underestimate any of the other games brought to life by lesser-known firms.
- Lose Your Head – Slot games can be a lot of fun but they can also be very frustrating. Don’t lose your head while playing them as this can lead to you not having the best experience possible.
With these tips, you should be able to enjoy a top-quality slot experience. However, just two more that can be applied for all casino games is make sure you are always having fun and don’t ever spend more than you can afford to lose!